New Delhi, February 13, 2019: At the conclusion of a brutal winter and after months of tight financial margins, dairy producers from throughout the Midwest will be ready to relax, socialize and learn together at the 2019 Central Plains Dairy Expo. The event is planned for March 26-28, 2019 at the Sheraton Sioux Falls Convention Center, Sioux Falls, SD.
The Expo will kick off with a welcome reception and live concert by country entertainer Travis Tritt. The next two days will feature presentations and breakout sessions. Among the wide array of slated topics and speakers are:
- Road to Robotics – Stories and Tips from Dairies that have Made the Journey to Labor-saving Automation, featuring Qual Dairy, Lisbon, ND; Van Veldhuizen Dairy, Rock Rapids, Iowa; and Minglewood Dairy, Deer Park, Wis.
- The Levers to Pull and Buttons to Push: Navigating Through a Financial Downturn in Dairy Farmers, by Jay Joy, GPS Dairy Consulting, Milk Money LLC and CFO for Hire
- FARM 4.0: Get Ready for Calf Welfare Audits, by Emily Yeiser Stepp, Senior Director, Tha National FARM Program according to dairyherd.com
- The Success of a Dairy Calf Starts at Birth: Nutrition and Management of the Dairy Heifer, by Joao Costa, University of Kentucky
- Dairy Heifer Inventory Management – The Struggle is Real, Make Every Animal Count, by Jack Hippen, North American and Euro Sales Director, STgenetics
- The Total Dairy Makeover from an HR Perspective, by Bruce Vande Steeg, Dairy Makeover Specialist, Co-founder of milc group.
- Better Times Ahead?, by Sarina Sharp, Dairy Market Analyst, Daily Dairy Report
A number of workshops presented in Spanish also are planned, including:
- Food Safety: Am I Responsible?, by Jorge Luna, Zoetis
- Feeding Management Strategies for Improving Income Over Feed Cost, by Fernando Diaz, Rosecrans Dairy Consulting
- Injectable Trace Minerals to Improve Heals in Our Calves, by Julio Prado Garcia, Multimin USA, Inc.
- Oxytocin and the 3 A’s: Aim, Applicability and Advices, by Maristela Royai, South Dakota State University; and Raul Mendoza, Dairy Herdsman
A large commercial trade show, prayer breakfast and hospitality suites are additional highlights of the event.